This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I’ve said before that mojitos are my drink of choice, and this is even truer for today’s cocktail. I mean, I practically bought every apricot in the store so I could keep making them. That’s right! Today, I’m excited to share how to make an apricot mojito with Bacardi Superior, fresh mint and homemade simple syrup. I think you know what I’ll be drinking for the remainder of the summer!
Scroll down for the full recipe card! 👇🏼
I use rum more than any other alcohol in our house because I feel that it goes with the most flavors and drinks. We even use it in place of tequila most of the time because we generally prefer rum and always keep it in the house. It’s great with fruits, sodas, punches, you name it. For Andrew’s birthday next week, I’ll probably even use it to make a peach rum punch because that sounds like the best, most summery drink I could possible make for a party.
In the meantime, I’ll settle for several mojitos to cool me down during the crazy heat here in SoCal, at least while I can keep my mint plant alive. I now have three and they seem to alternate between life and death because I wasn’t blessed with a green thumb. No matter how hard I try, the poor things barely get by, but I need to keep the mint growing in order to keep the mojitos comin’!
PLUS, Bacardi is partnering with Live Nation® to offer a summer sweepstakes online for a chance to win concert Rock Flights, concert gift cards and Ultimate Concert Access Passes. Prizes are awarded daily, and you could win a Live Nation concert trip anywhere around the globe! Apply for the sweepstakes here.
Redeem an on-pack code placed on select Bacardi Superior bottles for $5 Live Nation Concert Cash®; 2 codes gets $15 Live Nation Concert Cash. Must be 21+. State exclusions apply. See www.bacardisummermusic.com for details and restrictions.
May the rest of your summer be filled with apricot mojitos! You’re sure to enjoy every second of it.
- 2 apricots
- 1 lemon
- 1 shot Bacardi Superior
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon mint simple syrup
- lemon sparkling water/soda
- 8 mint leaves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the sugar has completely dissolved, stirring occasionally
- Once dissolved, set aside to steep with mint leaves for 30 minutes
- Store in an airtight container for one week
- Cut the apricots and remove the pits. Place slices into a food processor with juice of 1 lemon and the mint simple syrup. Puree until smooth.
- In a tall glass, muddle the mint and shot of Bacardi Superior to release mint flavors
- Strain the puree mixture over the glass to remove any pulp left from the apricot
- Add ice to the glass and top with lemon sparkling water or soda
- See more about making simple syrups here: http://clubcrafted.com/2017/01/26/3-simple-syrup-recipes-to-keep-stocked-rosemary-honey-lavender/
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands that keep Club Crafted sharing!