Since it had been a while since my last cocktail post, I thought a simple Halloween cocktail was in order this week! This ghostly cocktail is a coconut banana cocktail, giving it the white color with a sweet, tropical taste. It may be fall, but tropical is always a good flavor in my book! Served in these easy-to-make ghost glasses made with simple glass paint, this drink is the perfect choice for a Halloween party.
In order to dub this drink “ghostly” I wanted to achieve a very white cocktail and I thought my best options would be coconut milk or white chocolate. I’d rather save the white chocolate for Christmastime, so I used cream of coconut as my cocktail base because it’s already very sweet. Then all you need to finish the cocktail is banana rum and a sparkling water. Psst, you could even use champagne!
Scroll down for the cocktail recipe card! 👇🏼
- Short tumbler glasses
- Black multipurpose paint (glass safe)
- Small paint brush
Step 1: Use a small paint brush to paint a basic ghost face with thick layer of black paint, with two oval eyes and a round mouth. Repeat with all desired glasses and let dry completely.
With a glass-safe paint, you can hand wash these glasses and they should last well! That means it should work with plastic as well if desired.
Have a happy Halloween, guys!
- 1 15 oz. can cream of coconut
- 2 shots banana rum
- Sparkling water (coconut or unflavored)
- Black sanding sugar, optional for topping
- Combine banana rum and chilled cream of coconut (blend in a food processor beforehand if lumpy) in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake
- Pour the mixture into each glass, filling about half full
- Top with sparkling water until full and foamy
- Sprinkle foam with sanding sugar, cinnamon or sprinkles if desired